Class, Upcycled: 2 Shirts = 1 Bag with Brenda Miller
Wednesday, Feb. 7, 10am - 4pm
Join me in an eco-friendly creative adventure with our shirt to bag transformation' class! As a seasoned bag designer, I'm excited to guide you through the process of repurposing two to three large men's shirts, crafted from durable, heavier-weight fabrics, into a unique and stylish bag. (You supply the shirts) In this hands-on workshop, we'll explore the art of sustainable fashion, breathing new life into pre-loved clothing. Learn valuable techniques to deconstruct, repurpose, and design your own one-of-a-kind bag, blending functionality with fashion. Join us for a day of creativity, sustainability, and the joy of turning old into new as we transform shirts into stunning bags that tell a story of both style and eco-consciousness.
Things you will need:
- 2 - 3 large men's shirts or a garment with a good amount of usable fabric (this fabric must have some weight to it and not be cotton shirting - please launder and press prior to class
- a sewing machine in good working order that you are familiar with and know how to use
- scissors, rotary cutting tools
- thread to match, seam ripper
- regular sewing supplies
We have bag hardware, zippers and extra's available for purchase.
Due to allergies please refrain from wearing perfume on the class day.
Please read and understand the following before registering for a class - thanks!
- Class fees must be paid in full at the time of registration to reserve your spot. Space is reserved on first-come first-serve basis.
- Supply lists are available online for the classes. Go to shop.amongbrendasquilts.com and search for your class under ‘classes’. Most classes also have sample quilts, bags or garments displayed in the shop.
- Class fees are for instruction only and do not include materials for class, unless otherwise stated.
- Most classes have a pattern, book, or specialized tool requirement. These will be noted on the supply list. Each student must have a LEGAL copy of the pattern or book.
- Some courses are all inclusive (e.g., class materials are bundled in the price). If you already possess some or all of the required materials, a store credit/gift certificate will be issued.
- Students are required to bring; 1) a sewing machine in good working order, 2) machine accessories, & 3) basic sewing supplies to each class; unless otherwise stated. You should be familiar with the operation of your machine before class, please bring your manual if in doubt.
- We are more than happy to help you in your selection of class materials, but please do so prior to class.
- Some classes require a small amount of homework prior to the class. Please arrive prepared so that you can start on the fun part right away!
- Class will start on time, so please arrive at least 15 minutes early and be set up and ready to go.
- If you bring your cell phone to class please be considerate of others and put it on vibrate/silent prior to class. Please refrain from wearing perfumes, as some people have allergic reactions to scents. Also, if you bring a drink, please use a container with a lid.
- If there is nothing scheduled in our classroom after your class ends, please feel free to stay and use the space to continue working on your project until the shop closes.
- Most classes have a minimum enrolment (usually 3 students). If the class is cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified and all course fees will be returned in full (your choice of a refund or store credit).
- If you can't attend a course, please cancel at least one week in advance. A store credit will be issued ONLY if you cancel at least seven (7) days before the course. Cancellations within a week of the course will NOT receive a store credit, though you may send a friend in your place.
3. Workshops and other classes may be partially or fully non-refundable and/or require much more notice of cancellation before a credit is issued.
Please verify that any class you wish to enrol in meets your schedule and that you're OK with the cancellation policy before enrolling.