Class, The Perfect T-Shirt with Irene Mischkinis
Perfect T-Shirt Class
Friday, Feb. 17, 10am - 5pm
Location: ABQ Sewing Studio, 15 Centre St. W., Strathroy, Ontario
Supplies required available at the ABQ Sewing Studio
The name of the pattern says it all – the Perfect T-shirt. You will learn to fit the pattern to suit your figure and learn how to finish the neckline and hems to give you a t-shirt that will rival any designer t-shirt. For the class you will need:
- Pamela’s Patterns Perfect T-shirt
- Fabric as per pattern*
- Polyester thread to match your fabric
- Stretch needle 75/11 for your sewing machine
- Stretch twin needle for your sewing machine to do hems – if you’re not sure which width to buy, wait until class and we’ll select the appropriate width for your fabric
- Sewing kit**
- Sewing machine in good working order
*Fabric should be pretreated (washed and dried in the manner that you will be treating the finished garment)
N.B. Please wear a camisole or some other close-fitting garment to class – fitting a t-shirt over bulky clothing just doesn’t work.
N.B. The t-shirt pattern can be stitched up entirely on the sewing machine. We ask that you bring your sewing machine, as well as your serger (if you have one).
- Good quality pins (longer ones with glass heads are the easiest to handle) in a container that allows for easy access or in a pincushion
- Sharp cutting shears
- Small scissors or snips for thread
- Measuring tape
- Sewing gauge or small ruler
- Hand-sewing needles
- Marking pencils or chalk that will work with the fabric you are using for your class project
- Seam ripper
Please read and understand the following before registering for a class - thanks!
- Class fees must be paid in full at the time of registration to reserve your spot. Space is reserved on first-come first-serve basis.
- Supply lists are available online for the classes. Go to shop.amongbrendasquilts.com and search for your class under ‘classes’. Most classes also have sample quilts, bags or garments displayed in the shop.
- Class fees are for instruction only and do not include materials for class, unless otherwise stated.
- Most classes have a pattern, book, or specialized tool requirement. These will be noted on the supply list. Each student must have a LEGAL copy of the pattern or book.
- Some courses are all inclusive (e.g., class materials are bundled in the price). If you already possess some or all of the required materials, a store credit/gift certificate will be issued.
- Students are required to bring; 1) a sewing machine in good working order, 2) machine accessories, & 3) basic sewing supplies to each class; unless otherwise stated. You should be familiar with the operation of your machine before class, please bring your manual if in doubt.
- We are more than happy to help you in your selection of class materials, but please do so prior to class.
- Some classes require a small amount of homework prior to the class. Please arrive prepared so that you can start on the fun part right away!
- Class will start on time, so please arrive at least 15 minutes early and be set up and ready to go.
- If you bring your cell phone to class please be considerate of others and put it on vibrate/silent prior to class. Please refrain from wearing perfumes, as some people have allergic reactions to scents. Also, if you bring a drink, please use a container with a lid.
- If there is nothing scheduled in our classroom after your class ends, please feel free to stay and use the space to continue working on your project until the shop closes.
- Most classes have a minimum enrolment (usually 3 students). If the class is cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified and all course fees will be returned in full (your choice of a refund or store credit).
- If you can't attend a course, please cancel at least one week in advance. A store credit will be issued ONLY if you cancel at least seven (7) days before the course. Cancellations within a week of the course will NOT receive a store credit, though you may send a friend in your place.
3. Workshops and other classes may be partially or fully non-refundable and/or require much more notice of cancellation before a credit is issued.
Please verify that any class you wish to enrol in meets your schedule and that you're OK with the cancellation policy before enrolling.