Class Sweatshirt Chic: Mastering the Serger via the Simpson Top
Thursday March 21 and 28, 10am - 2pm
Unleash the full potential of your serger as we guide you through the creation of the Simpson Top from Style Arc. Perfect for those eager to explore serger techniques, this class will cover the art of the flatlock stitch, the precision of the cover stitch, and more. Designed for serger enthusiasts, this workshop combines the allure of the Simpson's unique design lines with the excitement of creating a stunning top. Whether you're new to serging or looking to expand your repertoire of techniques, join us for a hands-on experience where you'll transform your serger into a powerful tool for crafting a professional and distinctive garment.
We have the pattern and fabric you need in-store. Fabric must be pre-washed.
- sewing machine and serger in good working order, accessory kits for both
- standard sewing kit (seam ripper, pins etc)
- fabric scissors
- the pattern for the Simpson top
- new needle in your machine size 80/12
- matching thread and serger thread
Please refrain from wearing perfume on the day of class.
Please read and understand the following before registering for a class - thanks!
- Class fees must be paid in full at the time of registration to reserve your spot. Space is reserved on first-come first-serve basis.
- Supply lists are available online for the classes. Go to shop.amongbrendasquilts.com and search for your class under ‘classes’. Most classes also have sample quilts, bags or garments displayed in the shop.
- Class fees are for instruction only and do not include materials for class, unless otherwise stated.
- Most classes have a pattern, book, or specialized tool requirement. These will be noted on the supply list. Each student must have a LEGAL copy of the pattern or book.
- Some courses are all inclusive (e.g., class materials are bundled in the price). If you already possess some or all of the required materials, a store credit/gift certificate will be issued.
- Students are required to bring; 1) a sewing machine in good working order, 2) machine accessories, & 3) basic sewing supplies to each class; unless otherwise stated. You should be familiar with the operation of your machine before class, please bring your manual if in doubt.
- We are more than happy to help you in your selection of class materials, but please do so prior to class.
- Some classes require a small amount of homework prior to the class. Please arrive prepared so that you can start on the fun part right away!
- Class will start on time, so please arrive at least 15 minutes early and be set up and ready to go.
- If you bring your cell phone to class please be considerate of others and put it on vibrate/silent prior to class. Please refrain from wearing perfumes, as some people have allergic reactions to scents. Also, if you bring a drink, please use a container with a lid.
- If there is nothing scheduled in our classroom after your class ends, please feel free to stay and use the space to continue working on your project until the shop closes.
- Most classes have a minimum enrolment (usually 3 students). If the class is cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified and all course fees will be returned in full (your choice of a refund or store credit).
If you can't attend a course, please cancel at least one week in advance. A store credit will be issued ONLY if you cancel at least seven (7) days before the course. Cancellations within a week of the course will NOT receive a store credit, though you may send a friend in your place.
3. Workshops and other classes may be partially or fully non-refundable and/or require much more notice of cancellation before a credit is issued.
Please verify that any class you wish to enroll in meets your schedule and that you're OK with the cancellation policy before enrolling.