Class, Sew Your Style - A First Time Garment Sewing Adventure
Saturday, Feb. 17, 24, Mar. 2 from 10am - 4pm
Join this 3-part first-time garment sewing adventure designed for budding fashionistas! Discover the joy of creating your wardrobe essentials as you fashion a chic cape or poncho in the first class, enveloping yourself in your unique style. Move on to the second class, where creativity meets comfort, and sew your way to a stylish T-shirt that's as individual as you are - will it be solids, stripe or polka dots? The adventure concludes with the creation of leggings to match! As a sewing novice you'll soon become a fashion trailblazer, one stitch at a time. Sew your style and wear your creativity with pride!
You'll be making three garments.
A cape or poncho:
A Simple T-Shirt
- Burda 7098 fitting bust size 43 1/4" -57 1/2"
- Burda 6611 fitting bust size 33" - 45 3/4"
- Pamela's Perfect T-Shirt fitting bust size 31" - 45"
- Laura Knit Leggings fitting waist sizes from 23 1/2" - 50 1/2"
- Burda 5850 fitting waist sizes from 24 1/2" - 38 1/2"
Your support of the ABQ Sewing Studio means the world to us, as it allows us to continue offering high-quality classes and maintaining a nurturing environment for all sewers. We truly value your commitment to our store and want to express our gratitude by providing the best possible resources for your sewing endeavours. We have many colour combinations of fabric available for your projects.
Pick your fabrics prior to class - just drop into the studio and we will help.
In order to ensure a cohesive and harmonious learning experience, we kindly request that you consider purchasing your fashion fabric from our store for the class. By doing so, you not only contribute to our community of sewers but also enjoy the added benefit of receiving personalized assistance and guidance based on the specific fabrics we offer that best suit your project. We thank you for your support!
Location: ABQ Sewing Studio, Strathroy, ON
You will require a sewing machine in good working order, one that you are familiar with that you have sewed on before. Each student will have an 8 foot table to work on. There is a level entrance to our facility on the right side of the building.
- A sewing machine with a new needle, accessory box, foot pedal and power cord all in good working order. Bring you serger if you have one.
- Good quality pins (longer ones with round heads are the easiest to handle) in a container that allows for easy access or in a pincushion
- Sharp cutting scissors
- Small scissors or snips for thread
- Measuring tape
- Sewing gauge or small ruler
- Hand-sewing needles
- Marking pencils or chalk that will work with the fabric you are using for your class project
- Seam ripper
Please read and understand the following before registering for a class - thanks!
- Class fees must be paid in full at the time of registration to reserve your spot. Space is reserved on first-come first-serve basis.
- Supply lists are available online for the classes. Go to shop.amongbrendasquilts.com and search for your class under ‘classes’. Most classes also have sample quilts, bags or garments displayed in the shop.
- Class fees are for instruction only and do not include materials for class, unless otherwise stated.
- Most classes have a pattern, book, or specialized tool requirement. These will be noted on the supply list. Each student must have a LEGAL copy of the pattern or book.
- Some courses are all inclusive (e.g., class materials are bundled in the price). If you already possess some or all of the required materials, a store credit/gift certificate will be issued.
- Students are required to bring; 1) a sewing machine in good working order, 2) machine accessories, & 3) basic sewing supplies to each class; unless otherwise stated. You should be familiar with the operation of your machine before class, please bring your manual if in doubt.
- We are more than happy to help you in your selection of class materials, but please do so prior to class.
- Some classes require a small amount of homework prior to the class. Please arrive prepared so that you can start on the fun part right away!
- Class will start on time, so please arrive at least 15 minutes early and be set up and ready to go.
- If you bring your cell phone to class please be considerate of others and put it on vibrate/silent prior to class. Please refrain from wearing perfumes, as some people have allergic reactions to scents. Also, if you bring a drink, please use a container with a lid.
- If there is nothing scheduled in our classroom after your class ends, please feel free to stay and use the space to continue working on your project until the shop closes.
- Please refrain from using perfumed products the day of class.
- Most classes have a minimum enrolment (usually 3 students). If the class is cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified and all course fees will be returned in full (your choice of a refund or store credit).
- If you can't attend a course, please cancel at least one week in advance. A store credit will be issued ONLY if you cancel at least seven (7) days before the course. Cancellations within a week of the course will NOT receive a store credit, though you may send a friend in your place.
3. Workshops and other classes may be partially or fully non-refundable and/or require much more notice of cancellation before a credit is issued.
Please verify that any class you wish to enrol in meets your schedule and that you're OK with the cancellation policy before enrolling.