Class, Sew Your Own Cozy Winter Capsule Wardrobe
Sew Your Own Capsule Wardrobe: Embrace Style & Versatility!
Full Series of 3 Classes: $180, Jan. 17, 24, 31, 10am - 4pm
Or sign up for single classes:
Top Class: $60, Jan. 17, 10am - 4pm
Pant Class: $60, Jan. 24, 10am - 4pm
Jacket Class: $60, Jan. 31, 10am - 4pm
*See dropdown menu to order
Are you ready to dive into the world of capsule wardrobes? Discover a fun and creative way to utilize your sewing skills and expand your fashion horizons. We're excited to introduce you to the art of sewing a capsule wardrobe—a versatile collection of garments that will revolutionize the way you dress and simplify your daily styling choices.
But what exactly is a capsule wardrobe? In simple terms, it's a thoughtfully curated selection of clothing pieces in colours that can be mixed and matched to create a wide range of outfits. Whether you're packing for a weekend getaway, planning a vacation, or just aiming for stress-free mornings, a capsule wardrobe is your ultimate style solution.
To get started, we recommend the following easy-to-sew patterns that cater to your style preferences. Combine these patterns with fabrics from our studio that coordinate and complement each other. By sewing each pattern in different colours and prints, you'll quickly assemble a fabulous capsule wardrobe tailored to your winter leisure plans.
Ready to bring your winter capsule wardrobe to life? Join us for our upcoming series of sewing classes dedicated to crafting your dream capsule wardrobe. We have the patterns you need, along with a delightful assortment of fabrics in a variety of colour ways to choose from. Our experienced instructors will guide you step-by-step, helping you pick out your fabrics prior to class and sew each element of your capsule wardrobe with confidence and precision.
Here's what we will be making in Cozy Winter series:
👖 Pants: Explore the art of creating a pair of leisure wear pants. The look is up to you. Use one of our fleece or sweat fabrics for a casual look or a Ponte knit to dress it up. Choose from the following patterns:
- Laura is available to fit waist sizes from 23 1/2" - 50. 1/2"
- Burda 6859 is available to fit waist sizes from 32 1/4" - 50 3/8"
- Burda 6054 is available to fit waist sizes from 24 1/2" - 38 1/2"
👚 Cozy Top: Learn the techniques for sewing a comfortable jersey top. Both patterns have a slice of matching rayon or viscose along the bottom for a dressier look. We've got an extensive collection of jersey knits to suit your style. Choose from the following patterns:
- Annika is available to fit bust sizes from 30" - 58"
- Burda 7098 view A or C to fit bust sizes from 43 1/4" - 57 1/2"
- Burda 6074 is available to fit bust sizes from 31 1/2" - 43 1/4"
🧥 Logan Shacket: You'll cover up in this comfortable oversized shirt/jacket to complete your at-home look.
- Logan is available in bust sizes 30 1/4" - 58 1/4"
There will be some homework in this series.
Don't miss this opportunity to unlock your sewing potential and create a wardrobe that reflects your unique style and personality. Enroll in our capsule wardrobe classes today, and let's embark on a sewing journey together!
Your support of the ABQ Sewing Studio means the world to us, as it allows us to continue offering high-quality classes and maintaining a nurturing environment for all sewers. We truly value your commitment to our store and want to express our gratitude by providing the best possible resources for your sewing endeavours. We have many colour combinations of fabric available for your capsule wardrobe.
In order to ensure a cohesive and harmonious learning experience, we kindly request that you consider purchasing your fashion fabric from our store for the class. By doing so, you not only contribute to our community of sewers but also enjoy the added benefit of receiving personalized assistance and guidance based on the specific fabrics we offer. We thank you for your support!
Location: ABQ Sewing Studio, Strathroy, ON
Prior to class you will need to have your fabrics laundered and pressed. You will also require a sewing machine in good working order, one that you are familiar with that you have sewed on before. Bring your serger if you have one. Each student will have an 8 foot table to work on. There is a level entrance to our facility on the right side of the building.
- Good quality pins (longer ones with glass heads are the easiest to handle) in a container that allows for easy access or in a pincushion
- Sharp cutting scissors
- Small scissors or snips for thread
- Measuring tape
- Sewing gauge or small ruler
- Hand-sewing needles
- Marking pencils or chalk that will work with the fabric you are using for your class project
- Seam ripper
Please read and understand the following before registering for a class - thanks!
- Class fees must be paid in full at the time of registration to reserve your spot. Space is reserved on first-come first-serve basis.
- Supply lists are available online for the classes. Go to shop.amongbrendasquilts.com and search for your class under ‘classes’. Most classes also have sample quilts, bags or garments displayed in the shop.
- Class fees are for instruction only and do not include materials for class, unless otherwise stated.
- Most classes have a pattern, book, or specialized tool requirement. These will be noted on the supply list. Each student must have a LEGAL copy of the pattern or book.
- Some courses are all inclusive (e.g., class materials are bundled in the price). If you already possess some or all of the required materials, a store credit/gift certificate will be issued.
- Students are required to bring; 1) a sewing machine in good working order, 2) machine accessories, & 3) basic sewing supplies to each class; unless otherwise stated. You should be familiar with the operation of your machine before class, please bring your manual if in doubt.
- We are more than happy to help you in your selection of class materials, but please do so prior to class.
- Some classes require a small amount of homework prior to the class. Please arrive prepared so that you can start on the fun part right away!
- Class will start on time, so please arrive at least 15 minutes early and be set up and ready to go.
- If you bring your cell phone to class please be considerate of others and put it on vibrate/silent prior to class. Please refrain from wearing perfumes, as some people have allergic reactions to scents. Also, if you bring a drink, please use a container with a lid.
- If there is nothing scheduled in our classroom after your class ends, please feel free to stay and use the space to continue working on your project until the shop closes.
- Please refrain from using perfumed products the day of class.
- Most classes have a minimum enrolment (usually 3 students). If the class is cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified and all course fees will be returned in full (your choice of a refund or store credit).
- If you can't attend a course, please cancel at least one week in advance. A store credit will be issued ONLY if you cancel at least seven (7) days before the course. Cancellations within a week of the course will NOT receive a store credit, though you may send a friend in your place.
3. Workshops and other classes may be partially or fully non-refundable and/or require much more notice of cancellation before a credit is issued.
Please verify that any class you wish to enrol in meets your schedule and that you're OK with the cancellation policy before enrolling.