Class, Learn to Use your Embroidery Machine
3 lessons, April 4, 18, 25, 10am - 12noon
Unlock the full potential of your embroidery machine with our comprehensive "Learn to Use Your Embroidery Machine" class. Whether you're a beginner or have been struggling to fully grasp the capabilities of your embroidery machine, this class is designed to demystify the process and empower you to create stunning embroidered masterpieces.
Who is this class for?
This class is suitable for individuals who own embroidery machines of all makes and models. Whether you have a basic entry-level machine or a high-end model with advanced features, Kelley will guide you through the essentials and help you harness the full creative power of your specific embroidery machine.
What will you learn?
Machine Basics: Understand the fundamental components and functions of your embroidery machine.
Thread and Needle Selection: Learn the importance of choosing the right thread and needles for different fabrics and projects.
- Stabilizers: and which one to use when
Design Placement: Master the art of positioning your designs for optimal results on various garments and materials.
Hooping Techniques: Explore proper hooping techniques to ensure your fabric is secure and your designs are executed with precision
Troubleshooting: Identify common issues and learn how to troubleshoot problems that may arise during the embroidery process.
Project Creation: Work on practical projects that apply the skills you've learned, from monograms to intricate designs.
Why take this class?
Embroidery machines can be intimidating for beginners, and even experienced users may not be utilizing all the features available to them. This class provides a supportive and interactive environment where you can ask questions, receive personalized guidance, and gain the confidence to embark on your embroidery journey.
Join us and transform your embroidery machine from a complex device to a powerful tool for creative expression. Unleash your imagination and take your embroidery skills to new heights!
Note: Participants must bring their own embroidery machines to the class for hands-on learning.
Bring to Class:
- Your embroidery machine including your hoops
- Tear-away and cut away stabilizer (available in-store)
- Embroidery threads (also available in-store)
- Note book and pen
Please refrain from wearing perfumed products during class.
Please read and understand the following before registering for a class - thanks!
- Class fees must be paid in full at the time of registration to reserve your spot. Space is reserved on first-come first-serve basis.
- Supply lists are available online for the classes. Go to shop.amongbrendasquilts.com and search for your class under ‘classes’. Most classes also have sample quilts, bags or garments displayed in the shop.
- Class fees are for instruction only and do not include materials for class, unless otherwise stated.
- Most classes have a pattern, book, or specialized tool requirement. These will be noted on the supply list. Each student must have a LEGAL copy of the pattern or book.
- Some courses are all inclusive (e.g., class materials are bundled in the price). If you already possess some or all of the required materials, a store credit/gift certificate will be issued.
- Students are required to bring; 1) a sewing machine in good working order, 2) machine accessories, & 3) basic sewing supplies to each class; unless otherwise stated. You should be familiar with the operation of your machine before class, please bring your manual if in doubt.
- We are more than happy to help you in your selection of class materials, but please do so prior to class.
- Some classes require a small amount of homework prior to the class. Please arrive prepared so that you can start on the fun part right away!
- Class will start on time, so please arrive at least 15 minutes early and be set up and ready to go.
- If you bring your cell phone to class please be considerate of others and put it on vibrate/silent prior to class. Please refrain from wearing perfumes, as some people have allergic reactions to scents. Also, if you bring a drink, please use a container with a lid.
- If there is nothing scheduled in our classroom after your class ends, please feel free to stay and use the space to continue working on your project until the shop closes.
- Most classes have a minimum enrolment (usually 3 students). If the class is cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified and all course fees will be returned in full (your choice of a refund or store credit).
- If you can't attend a course, please cancel at least one week in advance. A store credit will be issued ONLY if you cancel at least seven (7) days before the course. Cancellations within a week of the course will NOT receive a store credit, though you may send a friend in your place.
3. Workshops and other classes may be partially or fully non-refundable and/or require much more notice of cancellation before a credit is issued.
Please verify that any class you wish to enroll in meets your schedule and that you're OK with the cancellation policy before enrolling.