Class, Knit Tank Top with Irene Mischkinis
Thursday, August 4, 2pm - 5pm
Location: ABQ Sewing Studio, 15 Centre Street W., Strathroy, Ontario
Supplies available at the ABQ Sewing Studio
This sleeveless top is designed to flatter a woman with real curves. This pattern has been designed with most common fit alterations built right in - high round back, forward shoulder, full bust, extra hip/tummy room, and a great fit in the neck and shoulder. The sleeveless top covers that extra skin in the armhole area, and all pieces feature an "essence of waist". The pattern used also includes a classic cardigan jacket, trendy duster length or show some style with the modestly designed bolero.
- Pamela’s Patterns Versatile Twin Set
- Fabric as per pattern*
- Polyester thread to match your fabric
- Stretch needle 75/11 for your sewing machine
- Stretch twin needle for your sewing machine to do hems – if you’re not sure which width to buy, wait until class and we’ll select the appropriate width for your fabric
- Sewing kit**
- Sewing machine in good working order
*Fabric should be pretreated (washed and dried in the manner that you will be treating the finished garment)
N.B. Please wear a camisole or some other close-fitting garment to class – fitting a t-shirt over bulky clothing just doesn’t work.
N.B. The t-shirt pattern can be stitched up entirely on the sewing machine. We ask that you bring your sewing machine, as well as your serger (if you have one).
- Good quality pins (longer ones with glass heads are the easiest to handle) in a container that allows for easy access or in a pincushion
- Sharp cutting shears
- Small scissors or snips for thread
- Measuring tape
- Sewing gauge or small ruler
- Hand-sewing needles
- Marking pencils or chalk that will work with the fabric you are using for your class project
- Seam ripper