Class, Fall Mystery Quilt-In
🍂 Mystery Quilt-In: A Captivating Quilting Adventure! 🧵
Friday, October 27, 5pm - 10pm
Join us for a thrilling quilting experience this fall at our highly anticipated event, the Fall Mystery Quilt-In! Prepare to embark on an exciting journey as we discover a captivating quilting mystery that will keep you on the edge of your sewing machine.
Here's what's in store for you:
🍽 Included: Bistro Dinner, Snacks, Mystery Quilting Kit & Loads of Fun!
🕔 Timeline: 5:00 pm: The fun begins at the ABQ Sewing Studio. Take 30 minutes to set up your machine, savour a glass of cider, and mingle with fellow attendees. Early birds are welcome to arrive earlier if they need more setup time.
6 pm: We'll take a short stroll or drive to the Duke on Sydenham Bistro, where you'll be given a generous allowance to order delicious dishes from their menu.
7:00 pm: Upon returning to the studio, the mystery project will be unveiled! It's pre-cut, allowing us to dive right into working on the mystery project.
10:00 pm: Depart with your project in hand and a goodie bag to remember this unforgettable night.
What to Expect:
📍 Work areas and supplies: Each participant will have their own spacious table. Ironing boards, irons, and extension cords are available in the classroom. Please bring neutral thread and basic quilting supplies.
🍽 Snack Table: A shared snack table will be set up; some of ours and some of yours! You're welcome to bring your favourite treats and drinks to enjoy or share. We have ample refrigerator space to accommodate everyone's refreshments. Wine punch, water, tea, coffee, and juice will also be provided. Be prepared to share your recipe if you brought a snack to share!
♿ Accessibility: A wheelchair ramp is located on the left side of the building. If you need assistance with the door, simply ring the doorbell.
🚻 Washrooms: Please note that the washroom door is not wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair.
🤝 Need Help? Let us know upon arrival, and our friendly staff will assist you in bringing your sewing machine into the building. For any inquiries or assistance, please contact us at 519-205-0523.
Don't miss out on this exciting quilting adventure! Limited spots are available, so be sure to reserve your place soon.
Please read and understand the following before registering for a class - thanks!
- Class fees must be paid in full at the time of registration to reserve your spot. Space is reserved on first-come first-serve basis.
- Supply lists are available online for the classes. Go to shop.amongbrendasquilts.com and search for your class under ‘classes’. Most classes also have sample quilts, bags or garments displayed in the shop.
- Class fees are for instruction only and do not include materials for class, unless otherwise stated.
- Most classes have a pattern, book, or specialized tool requirement. These will be noted on the supply list. Each student must have a LEGAL copy of the pattern or book.
- Some courses are all inclusive (e.g., class materials are bundled in the price). If you already possess some or all of the required materials, a store credit/gift certificate will be issued.
- Students are required to bring; 1) a sewing machine in good working order, 2) machine accessories, & 3) basic sewing supplies to each class; unless otherwise stated. You should be familiar with the operation of your machine before class, please bring your manual if in doubt.
- We are more than happy to help you in your selection of class materials, but please do so prior to class.
- Some classes require a small amount of homework prior to the class. Please arrive prepared so that you can start on the fun part right away!
- Class will start on time, so please arrive at least 15 minutes early and be set up and ready to go.
- If you bring your cell phone to class please be considerate of others and put it on vibrate/silent prior to class. Please refrain from wearing perfumes, as some people have allergic reactions to scents. Also, if you bring a drink, please use a container with a lid.
- If there is nothing scheduled in our classroom after your class ends, please feel free to stay and use the space to continue working on your project until the shop closes.
- Please refrain from using perfumed products the day of class.
- Most classes have a minimum enrolment (usually 3 students). If the class is cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified and all course fees will be returned in full (your choice of a refund or store credit).
- If you can't attend a course, please cancel at least one week in advance. A store credit will be issued ONLY if you cancel at least seven (7) days before the course. Cancellations within a week of the course will NOT receive a store credit, though you may send a friend in your place.
3. Workshops and other classes may be partially or fully non-refundable and/or require much more notice of cancellation before a credit is issued.
Please verify that any class you wish to enrol in meets your schedule and that you're OK with the cancellation policy before enrolling.