Class, Serger Club Day Class with Kelley Richardson
Monthly, to May; 10:00am to 1:00pm
*See dropdown menu below for specific class dates
Are you finding that your dates below are sold out? Register for our Friday daytime overflow classes.
Welcome to the world of serging! Are you tired of just using your serger to finish off seams? Well, you're in luck! Kelley Richardson, your serger guru, is here to help you unleash the full potential of your machine.
In this exciting and fun class, you'll learn how to use your serger for many unusual and exciting purposes that you probably never knew existed. Whether you're a complete beginner or an experienced sewer, Kelley will guide you through the process step-by-step, giving you the skills and confidence you need to make the most out of your serger.
But wait, it gets even better! The class takes place every 2nd Thursday from 10am to 1pm, starting in July and ending in December. That's five amazing opportunities to learn and explore the world of serging. And what's even more exciting is that you'll be learning with your fellow students, who are just as eager as you are to take their serging skills to the next level.
So, what are you waiting for? Get ready to serge on with Kelley Richardson and your fellow students as you discover new and exciting ways to use your serger. Don't let your serger sit in its cozy box any longer – join us for this fun journey of discovery!
Not only will you be learning new and exciting ways to use your serger, but you'll also have the opportunity to complete a different project in each class. From clothing to home decor, Kelley will guide you through each project, providing you with the skills and knowledge you need to create something truly amazing.
And don't worry about where to get the supplies you need for each project. While the supplies for the projects are not included, Kelley will provide you with a list of the materials and notions you'll need for each class. You can use your own fabrics and notions, or if you're feeling adventurous, you can buy some from Brenda. She, the owner of the ABQ Sewing Studio where the class takes place, is eager to help you find the perfect materials for your projects. Plus, she's just a little bit desperate to sell some to you!
So, whether you're a seasoned pro or a beginner, come join us for an exciting and fun-filled journey into the world of serging. With Kelley's expert guidance, you'll discover new and innovative ways to use your serger, all while creating beautiful and unique projects that you can be proud of. Don't miss out – sign up today!
Each session is $35 and does not include your sewing supplies. You'll receive a list of supplies needed prior to class. Bring any brand of serger to class but it must be in working order. If you are in doubt, make an appointment to bring in your serger prior to class so Kelley can test it.
If you find this class is full you can also take it in the evening of the same day. Check out our overflow class.
Please read and understand the following before registering for a class - thanks!
- Class fees must be paid in full at the time of registration to reserve your spot. Space is reserved on first-come first-serve basis.
- Supply lists are available online for the classes. Go to shop.amongbrendasquilts.com and search for your class under ‘classes’. Most classes also have sample quilts, bags or garments displayed in the shop.
- Class fees are for instruction only and do not include materials for class, unless otherwise stated.
- Most classes have a pattern, book, or specialized tool requirement. These will be noted on the supply list. Each student must have a LEGAL copy of the pattern or book.
- Some courses are all inclusive (e.g., class materials are bundled in the price). If you already possess some or all of the required materials, a store credit/gift certificate will be issued.
- Students are required to bring; 1) a sewing machine in good working order, 2) machine accessories, & 3) basic sewing supplies to each class; unless otherwise stated. You should be familiar with the operation of your machine before class, please bring your manual if in doubt.
- We are more than happy to help you in your selection of class materials, but please do so prior to class.
- Some classes require a small amount of homework prior to the class. Please arrive prepared so that you can start on the fun part right away!
- Class will start on time, so please arrive at least 15 minutes early and be set up and ready to go.
- If you bring your cell phone to class please be considerate of others and put it on vibrate/silent prior to class. Please refrain from wearing perfumes, as some people have allergic reactions to scents. Also, if you bring a drink, please use a container with a lid.
- If there is nothing scheduled in our classroom after your class ends, please feel free to stay and use the space to continue working on your project until the shop closes.
- Please refrain from using perfumed products the day of class.
- Most classes have a minimum enrolment (usually 3 students). If the class is cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified and all course fees will be returned in full (your choice of a refund or store credit).
- If you can't attend a course, please cancel at least one week in advance. A store credit will be issued ONLY if you cancel at least seven (7) days before the course. Cancellations within a week of the course will NOT receive a store credit, though you may send a friend in your place.
3. Workshops and other classes may be partially or fully non-refundable and/or require much more notice of cancellation before a credit is issued.
Please verify that any class you wish to enrol in meets your schedule and that you're OK with the cancellation policy before enrolling.