Class, Tamarack Jacket with Irene Mischkinis
The Tamarack Jacket
3 lessons, Oct. 6, 13, 20, 1pm - 5pm
Intermediate skills required
Get ready to join our highly sought-after quilted jacket class, featuring the ever-popular Tamarack Jacket! 🧥🌼 Designed specifically for the transitional seasons, this warm and stylish quilted coat is the perfect layering piece for spring and fall.
With the Tamarack Jacket, you have the freedom to choose your own quilting design using your machines walking foot. Will it be channel quilting or a diagonal grid? This means your Tamarack will be a true reflection of your individual style! 🎨✨. You'll prepare your fabric pieces by quilting them in your first class and finish your quilting as homework.
Stay cozy and comfortable with the inner layer of cotton or wool batting, keeping you warm during cooler days. Plus, the roomy welt pockets not only keep your belongings safe but also provide a cozy spot for your hands to hide from the chill. 🧣🌬️
Throughout this class, you'll learn a range of techniques including straight seams, basic quilting, inserting a welt pocket or making a patch pocket, and applying bias binding. These skills will not only enhance your jacket-making abilities but also expand your sewing repertoire. 🧵💪
To ensure the perfect fit, the Tamarack Jacket pattern is available in two size ranges: 0 - 18 (Bust 32" - 44") and 14 - 30 (Bust 40" - 56"). This way, everyone can create a jacket that flatters their unique shape and style. 🌟👗
Don't miss out on this opportunity to learn and create a beautiful quilted jacket that will become a staple in your wardrobe. Sign up for our class and let the Tamarack Jacket become your next sewing masterpiece! 🌈🌟
Our price includes the three class sessions classes and pattern. Please let us know prior to class which size you require. Please visit the store prior to class to pick out appropriate fabrics and batting.
Location: ABQ Sewing Studio, 15 Centre St. W., Strathroy, Ontario
Due to allergies please refrain from wearing perfume on the class day.
Prior to class you will need to have your fabrics laundered and pressed. You will also require a sewing machine in good working order, one that you are familiar with that you have sewed on before. Each student will have an 8 foot table to work on. There is a level entrance to our facility on the right side of the building.
- Good quality pins (longer ones with glass heads are the easiest to handle) in a container that allows for easy access or in a pincushion
- Walking foot for quilting or your machine may have a built-in even feed system. Visit the shop well before class to obtain this foot.
- Sharp cutting scissors
- Small scissors or snips for thread
- Measuring tape
- Sewing gauge or small ruler
- Hand-sewing needles
- Marking pencils or chalk that will work with the fabric you are using for your class project
- Seam ripper
Please read and understand the following before registering for a class - thanks!
- Class fees must be paid in full at the time of registration to reserve your spot. Space is reserved on first-come first-serve basis.
- Supply lists are available online for the classes. Go to shop.amongbrendasquilts.com and search for your class under ‘classes’. Most classes also have sample quilts, bags or garments displayed in the shop.
- Class fees are for instruction only and do not include materials for class, unless otherwise stated.
- Most classes have a pattern, book, or specialized tool requirement. These will be noted on the supply list. Each student must have a LEGAL copy of the pattern or book.
- Some courses are all inclusive (e.g., class materials are bundled in the price). If you already possess some or all of the required materials, a store credit/gift certificate will be issued.
- Students are required to bring; 1) a sewing machine in good working order, 2) machine accessories, & 3) basic sewing supplies to each class; unless otherwise stated. You should be familiar with the operation of your machine before class, please bring your manual if in doubt.
- We are more than happy to help you in your selection of class materials, but please do so prior to class.
- Some classes require a small amount of homework prior to the class. Please arrive prepared so that you can start on the fun part right away!
- Class will start on time, so please arrive at least 15 minutes early and be set up and ready to go.
- If you bring your cell phone to class please be considerate of others and put it on vibrate/silent prior to class. Please refrain from wearing perfumes, as some people have allergic reactions to scents. Also, if you bring a drink, please use a container with a lid.
- If there is nothing scheduled in our classroom after your class ends, please feel free to stay and use the space to continue working on your project until the shop closes.
- Please refrain from using perfumed products the day of class.
- Most classes have a minimum enrolment (usually 3 students). If the class is cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified and all course fees will be returned in full (your choice of a refund or store credit).
- If you can't attend a course, please cancel at least one week in advance. A store credit will be issued ONLY if you cancel at least seven (7) days before the course. Cancellations within a week of the course will NOT receive a store credit, though you may send a friend in your place.
3. Workshops and other classes may be partially or fully non-refundable and/or require much more notice of cancellation before a credit is issued.
Please verify that any class you wish to enrol in meets your schedule and that you're OK with the cancellation policy before enrolling.