Class, Rope Bowls with Kelley Richardson
Create one or more of these easy to make rope bowls to decorate your space. There are many ways to embellish your bowl. Use decorative threads to stitch them together and either leave the bottom of the bowl as is, use your embroidery machine to add a motif or get one of our 5" round bowl panels to personalize. After this class you'll know how to make all kinds of things from trivets to mug rugs, bowls and more!
Educator: Kelley Richardson
- Thursday, May 25, 10am - 3pm
Requirements: Sewing machine in good working order that sews zig zag, decorative thread like King Tut thread for zig zag stitching, 100% cotton clothesline rope, bits of leather to give a nice finish to the bowl end, fabric strips to add color, 90/14 jeans needle, regular sewing supplies.
Optional Requirements: Embroidery machine and threads, 5" round decorative panels, Fray Block
Cotton clothesline rope and other supplies are available in the store.
Location: ABQ Sewing Studio, 15 Centre St. W., Strathroy, Ontario
Due to allergies please refrain from wearing perfume on the class day.
Please read and understand the following before registering for a class - thanks!
- Class fees must be paid in full at the time of registration to reserve your spot. Space is reserved on first-come first-serve basis.
- Supply lists are available online for the classes. Go to shop.amongbrendasquilts.com and search for your class under ‘classes’. Most classes also have sample quilts, bags or garments displayed in the shop.
- Class fees are for instruction only and do not include materials for class, unless otherwise stated.
- Most classes have a pattern, book, or specialized tool requirement. These will be noted on the supply list. Each student must have a LEGAL copy of the pattern or book.
- Some courses are all inclusive (e.g., class materials are bundled in the price). If you already possess some or all of the required materials, a store credit/gift certificate will be issued.
- Students are required to bring; 1) a sewing machine in good working order, 2) machine accessories, & 3) basic sewing supplies to each class; unless otherwise stated. You should be familiar with the operation of your machine before class, please bring your manual if in doubt.
- We are more than happy to help you in your selection of class materials, but please do so prior to class.
- Some classes require a small amount of homework prior to the class. Please arrive prepared so that you can start on the fun part right away!
- Class will start on time, so please arrive at least 15 minutes early and be set up and ready to go.
- If you bring your cell phone to class please be considerate of others and put it on vibrate/silent prior to class. Please refrain from wearing perfumes, as some people have allergic reactions to scents. Also, if you bring a drink, please use a container with a lid.
- If there is nothing scheduled in our classroom after your class ends, please feel free to stay and use the space to continue working on your project until the shop closes.
- Please refrain from using perfumed products the day of class.
- Most classes have a minimum enrolment (usually 3 students). If the class is cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified and all course fees will be returned in full (your choice of a refund or store credit).
- If you can't attend a course, please cancel at least one week in advance. A store credit will be issued ONLY if you cancel at least seven (7) days before the course. Cancellations within a week of the course will NOT receive a store credit, though you may send a friend in your place.
3. Workshops and other classes may be partially or fully non-refundable and/or require much more notice of cancellation before a credit is issued.
Please verify that any class you wish to enrol in meets your schedule and that you're OK with the cancellation policy before enrolling.