Class, Amish With A Twist Block of the Month Quilt
Amish With A Twist IV, a Block of the Month Quilt
12 in-person lessons, October 2023 - September 2024 from 10am - 1pm
Get ready to embark on a captivating journey with Kelley as she guides you through the mesmerizing world of Amish Quilts. Introducing "Amish With A Twist IV, a Block of the Month Quilt," an extraordinary quilting adventure that will leave you spellbound.
Immerse yourself in the beauty of this jewel-like quilt inspired by the timeless traditions of the Amish community. Radiating with elegance, the quilt showcases a stunning interplay of solid colors, which exquisitely contrast against a deep, enchanting blue background fabric*. Prepare to witness a harmonious symphony of hues that will undoubtedly captivate your senses.
Join Kelley and indulge in this immersive quilting experience at the ABQ Sewing Studio. The magic begins on the second Saturday of each month, commencing in October 2023 and culminating in September 2024. From 10 am to 1 pm, Kelley will expertly guide you through twelve in-person lessons, unraveling the secrets of Amish quilting techniques passed down through generations.
To ensure an intimate and personalized learning environment, enrolment for this extraordinary class is limited to just eight lucky participants. However, fear not! In the event of overwhelming interest, an additional class will be scheduled, ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to partake in this extraordinary quilting adventure.
Please note that the images depict the background fabric as black. The deep blue backdrop we have specially selected will create an even more mesmerizing ambiance, elevating your quilt to new heights of sophistication.
Dream big, as the finished quilt size measures a grand 88 x 98 inches. Once complete, it will become a breathtaking masterpiece that commands attention and adoration, a testament to your creativity and dedication.
Unleash your inner artist and embark on this captivating journey into the realm of Amish quilting. Let the magic unfold as you create a quilt that tells a story, evokes emotions, and showcases your unique style. Are you ready to be swept away by the enchantment of Amish With A Twist IV, a Block of the Month Quilt?
Our price includes twelve immersive 3 hour classes, pattern instruction book and the gorgeous fabrics needed for the top and binding.
Location: ABQ Sewing Studio, 15 Centre St. W., Strathroy, Ontario
Due to allergies please refrain from wearing perfume on the class day.
- Good quality pins (longer ones with glass heads are the easiest to handle) in a container that allows for easy access or in a pincushion
- Sharp cutting scissors
- Small scissors or snips for thread
- Marking pencils or chalk that will work with the fabric you are using for your class project
- Seam ripper
- Rotary cutting supplies, mat, cutter and rulers
- matching thread
- a big smile
Please read and understand the following before registering for a class - thanks!
- Class fees must be paid in full at the time of registration to reserve your spot. Space is reserved on first-come first-serve basis.
- Supply lists are available online for the classes. Go to shop.amongbrendasquilts.com and search for your class under ‘classes’. Most classes also have sample quilts, bags or garments displayed in the shop.
- Class fees are for instruction only and do not include materials for class, unless otherwise stated.
- Most classes have a pattern, book, or specialized tool requirement. These will be noted on the supply list. Each student must have a LEGAL copy of the pattern or book.
- Some courses are all inclusive (e.g., class materials are bundled in the price). If you already possess some or all of the required materials, a store credit/gift certificate will be issued.
- Students are required to bring; 1) a sewing machine in good working order, 2) machine accessories, & 3) basic sewing supplies to each class; unless otherwise stated. You should be familiar with the operation of your machine before class, please bring your manual if in doubt.
- We are more than happy to help you in your selection of class materials, but please do so prior to class.
- Some classes require a small amount of homework prior to the class. Please arrive prepared so that you can start on the fun part right away!
- Class will start on time, so please arrive at least 15 minutes early and be set up and ready to go.
- If you bring your cell phone to class please be considerate of others and put it on vibrate/silent prior to class. Please refrain from wearing perfumes, as some people have allergic reactions to scents. Also, if you bring a drink, please use a container with a lid.
- If there is nothing scheduled in our classroom after your class ends, please feel free to stay and use the space to continue working on your project until the shop closes.
- Please refrain from using perfumed products the day of class.
- Most classes have a minimum enrolment (usually 3 students). If the class is cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified and all course fees will be returned in full (your choice of a refund or store credit).
- If you can't attend a course, please cancel at least one week in advance. A store credit will be issued ONLY if you cancel at least seven (7) days before the course. Cancellations within a week of the course will NOT receive a store credit, though you may send a friend in your place.
3. Workshops and other classes may be partially or fully non-refundable and/or require much more notice of cancellation before a credit is issued.
Please verify that any class you wish to enrol in meets your schedule and that you're OK with the cancellation policy before enrolling.