Class, Sew Anything Saturdays with Irene Mischkinis
Sew Anything Saturdays, $10 per hour
Most Saturdays in January, February and March, educator Irene Mischkinis will be available to help you with any sewing or quilting project. Be it a quilt, table runner, bag, blouse, shirt, vest, skirt, pants or coat you'll get the help you need from the beginning to the end or your project. For a fun day out, book yourself and your friends on your chosen date to make a project of your choice.
Everyone from beginners to intermediate level sewists are welcome. Spend an hour or come for the day, it's up to you. Irene will be at your beck and call from 10am to 4pm (a 6 hour day). Book here to save your seat or take a chance that there's a seat available and drop in.
When you book below, ordering 1 gives you an hour of class time for just $10. Buy multiple hours if you want to stay longer or wait till you are in class to pay for the remainder of your time. The store is open from 10am till 4pm on Saturdays.
"I love this new block of teaching time on Saturdays, with help I can get my projects done properly. And if I get the hang of the technique needed, I don't have to spend more that a few hours. And with the open structure I can come in on a Saturday date that works for me."
Educator: Irene Mischkinis
Location: ABQ Sewing Studio, 15 Centre St., Strathroy, ON, Phone: 519-205-0523
Please read and understand the following before registering for a class - thanks!
- Class fees must be paid in full at the time of registration to reserve your spot. Space is reserved on first-come first-serve basis.
- Supply lists are available online for the classes. Go to shop.amongbrendasquilts.com and search for your class under ‘classes’. Most classes also have sample quilts, bags or garments displayed in the shop.
- Class fees are for instruction only and do not include materials for class, unless otherwise stated.
- Most classes have a pattern, book, or specialized tool requirement. These will be noted on the supply list. Each student must have a LEGAL copy of the pattern or book.
- Some courses are all inclusive (e.g., class materials are bundled in the price). If you already possess some or all of the required materials, a store credit/gift certificate will be issued.
- Students are required to bring; 1) a sewing machine in good working order, 2) machine accessories, & 3) basic sewing supplies to each class; unless otherwise stated. You should be familiar with the operation of your machine before class, please bring your manual if in doubt.
- We are more than happy to help you in your selection of class materials, but please do so prior to class.
- Some classes require a small amount of homework prior to the class. Please arrive prepared so that you can start on the fun part right away!
- Class will start on time, so please arrive at least 15 minutes early and be set up and ready to go.
- If you bring your cell phone to class please be considerate of others and put it on vibrate/silent prior to class. Please refrain from wearing perfumes, as some people have allergic reactions to scents. Also, if you bring a drink, please use a container with a lid.
- If there is nothing scheduled in our classroom after your class ends, please feel free to stay and use the space to continue working on your project until the shop closes.
- Please refrain from using perfumed products the day of class.
- Most classes have a minimum enrolment (usually 3 students). If the class is cancelled due to low enrolment, you will be notified and all course fees will be returned in full (your choice of a refund or store credit).
- If you can't attend a course, please cancel at least one week in advance. A store credit will be issued ONLY if you cancel at least seven (7) days before the course. Cancellations within a week of the course will NOT receive a store credit, though you may send a friend in your place.
3. Workshops and other classes may be partially or fully non-refundable and/or require much more notice of cancellation before a credit is issued.
Please verify that any class you wish to enrol in meets your schedule and that you're OK with the cancellation policy before enrolling.